Thursday, April 17, 2008

The slither monster!

This is the slithering position.
This is the crawling position with a sly look on his face. For some reason, he gets really, really upset when he is in the crawling position. It's almost like he doesn't know what to do and is EXTREMLY frustrated. The second you pick him up, he stops crying and is happy.

Yes, Brison has started to cra....slither. He can get on his hands and knees, but he prefers the army crawl. He told me that. He has gotten the nickname "Grumpy Gus" or "Gus" for short. He loves his new found freedom and being able to move, but it has made him extremly overstimulated and he will no longer calm down. Arrgh! It's a frustrating time, but I hope we will get through it somehow. Right now, he has been down for about an hour and I am enjoying every moment I have to get things done.

Brooklyn on the other hand....she is just starting to do so many new things and it's amazing how fast she will pick up on things. She is addicted to Disneyland. She thinks we are going there every day. I don't think she realizes that it is really far away and really expensive. I would, however, love to live there myself. The other day she had made an absolute mess in the bathroom (my fault for leaving her unattended) She had pulled the towel off the rack and put it in the tub and had water all over the floor. I had had it with her and lost it and yelled. (I am a horrible, horrible person. I know I am not perfect.) She got the poutie look on her face, looked down, and started singing "Look at me, I will never pass for a perfect bride, or a perfect daughter." It is from Mulan. When the song would play on the movie, Brooklyn would always ask me what was wrong and I would tell her that Mulan was sad. As I look back, it was the funniest thing, but I couldn't enjoy it at the time because I was so mad. I got her out of the tub and put her straight to bed and she even told me she had to say prayers and that didn't even make me crack. Which, when I look back on that, it was an adorable moment also. But, hey, when you have a son that won't let you put him down and is screaming all the time....you'd crack too!
This is our little princess. I put the crown on her to see how adorable it would be. I told her today she was a princess, and she said "No, i'm Brooklyn." I said o.k.

1 comment:

Pam said...

You know, you really should quit the whole banking thing and become a photographer or write books, you are so entertaing and funny and I can't believe the incredible moments you capture on film with your kids! We love you!