Sunday, October 19, 2008

Brison and his latest struggles!

So, little Gus has had some struggles lately, I just thought I'd let people know. About a month ago, I had made Brooklyn her usual peanut butter and honey sandwich. I gave it to her to eat and left the room. Being the kind and loving sister that she is (she didn't want the sandwich) she let Brison attack it. About 5 minutes later I went back to check on them and discovered the sandwich, because it was crumbled all over the floor and all over his face and hands. I put him in his high chair to wait for 5 minutes while I ate dinner so I could put him in the tub. I looked over at him and his lip was swollen and his face was red and his eyes were red. It took me a minute of..what on earth is wrong..before I realized that it was probably the peanut butter. I hurried and gave him some Benadryl and then watched him very closely for the next 30 minutes. Poor little guy. I got a referral to go to the allergy doctor. We went in and did the tests. I thought for sure it would be peanuts that he was allergic to...although I was hoping that it would by some miracle turn out negative. Not only was it positive...he also had a positive reaction to milk and eggs! What the CRAP! He had been drinking milk for about 3 weeks now and had NO problems. I don't know that I had ever given him plain eggs...but he has had it in his food. So, I delt with the delima of taking him off milk and just doing soy..or keep doing the milk. We decided to try just soy and see how he did with that. But, he definately is allergic to peanuts. FUN! I have been carrying Benadryl in my diaper bag "JUST IN CASE".
On Friday, while driving around the house in his little car...he decided to tackle the stairs. Not a good idea for a small child to "drive" down the stairs. Little buddy tumbled and took a beating on his nose. Always nice when family pictures are schedule for a week away!

Not to make everybody think I am a HORRIBLE parent, he also had his first OREO cookie..which was hard for his dad to sit around and watch happen.
Also, just to let you all know...I will always check on him before going to bed...and apparently this was the prefered sleeping option for the night. The kid makes me laugh. He's TOO cute!
And, yes, just in case you were wondering, I did move the blanket from around his head!

6 comments:

Renee said...

Oh my heck!! Poor kid, I didn't know about all the allergies too!! He is so adorable, even if he does look like rudolph right now. :)

Irene said...

I am so sorry that you have to worry about allergies. He is too young to have to deal with that. Will he ever grow out of it?

Jani said...

Boys will be boys-He will definately keep you on your toes- Cute little guy- Sorry to hear about his food allergies-

Pam said...

Hang in there, Jeremy outgrew his milk and egg allergy and it could be worse, he could go into anaphalactic shock when he eats nuts, so you were lucky. The sleeping position....so cute and I love the jammies. He is such a cute boy, it makes me want to come over and just hug him!

Pam said...

Hey, and I forgot to say how cute your blog background is. How did you do that. It's way cute!

Allison Peterson said...

Oh...buddy. You're so cute no matter what kind of a mess is on your nose!! PS...in the picture with the oreo cookie..his nose matches the color of his shirt. How cute!