Wednesday, June 3, 2009

HIT IT!


Our first time out this season! I was nervous about how Brison would do, because it has been a year and he was only >1 year old last time we went out. But, like I expected, he was a CHAMP!
(please ignore the white legs)
He didn't freak out about his life jacket, he loved to dip his feet in the water, even though it was FREEZING! He was such a good boy! Brooklyn, as always, loved it. She really looked forward to being able to go out and get to say HIT IT! She was practicing quite a bit. She's so funny.

At first, they were just playing in the water...but then Brooklyn got BRAVE! She was having me dip her feet, and then she climbed down the ladder and would get more of her body wet, then climb back in. Finally, she was jumping off the back of the boat, with me holding on, and pulling her back in. Then, she finally got up the nerve and said she wanted to jump in.
I didn't want to tell her No...so, I let her do it. She jumped and then immediately came up and was looking at me with the face that said....HOLY CRAP THIS IS COLD! I could tell the cold water had taken her breath away, and I watched as she was freaking out to find it. She is such a good swimmer that I wasn't nervous at all. She swam back to the boat, which wasn't that far away, and I helped her back in. I told her she did such a good job and she said Thank you, and then I asked if she wanted to do it again and she said...NO! It was only Allison and me out there on the water and so we couldn't have skiied if we wanted to...which we didn't! That water was so cold, and the air wasn't that much warmer!
apparently it was REALLY bright...take note of Brooklyn's sunglasses...goober!
Oh well, we should have more opportunities to go, like, every monday this summer!

No comments: