Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

My absolute favorite day of the year!

The 4th of July! I love the colors! I love the activities!

eVEryThiNg!


I think our family has a new tradition...well, at least for the last 7 years or so.....

It starts with a 5 a.m. boat run....

Yes, the sun is really JUST coming up! This year it was Lance, Allison, Derek and me that went out. We like getting out early enough that we can have good water, and still early enough that when we leave, most people are just getting there! I love it when people comment on how we are "leaving so soon.." and we say, nope, been out for 2 hours already! And it's 7:00a.m.!


I took this picture of Allison...and I thought it turned out cool!

Then, we went home for breakfast burritos! They were DELISH!

We try to let the kids either run through the sprinklers or the slip & slide...but, not this year!

Brett and Gretchen bought this pool! We set it up at Mom and Dad's (because they have a fence) The kids absolutely LOVED it! The water was a LITTLE cold...but i'm sure it will warm up sometime...right?



After we were done swimming, the kids were still restless and so they were playing on the patio. This is Gus, and his demonstration of a proper "SLIDE"!

I just LOVE these pictures of the kids. Brian was standing behind me trying to get them to laugh and smile. I LOVE it when Brison covers his mouth. The way he has his hands it just adorable to me! I love my kids to death!....maybe not so much when they throw fits, but still!

We of course had to have the patriotic hamburgers and potato salad for dinner! There was even some homemade raspberry ice cream!

I have realized over the last few years, that I just don't have enough pictures of me and Brian together....i'm working on that!

Awake for the sunrise and the sunset! WHAT A DAY!

I tried out some new tricks with my camera...I actually remembered my tripod this time! I thought these shots turned out pretty good...and YES! That is Brison holding his own sparkler with no adult supervision! We are AWESOME parents...all in the name of photography!
Awesome firework show! The second picture was our "grand finale!" Cool! Gotta love "legal" fireworks!
It was such an wonderful day! Just a fun day hanging out with family and enjoying the sun and good food! LOVE IT!


No comments: