It's hard to celebrate Valentine's Day
when you have 2 little kids.
It's even harder when you really don't want to pay a babysitter
to go out and spend even more money on dinner AND a movie...
when you have spent WAYYYYY too much money on flowers.
BESIDES
we don't really worry about doing any of those things in our house.
We have found that we have just as much fun cooking dinner at home
as we would having a night out.
It's usually too busy and crowded at restaurants anyway!
So, this year, Brian was in charge.
He made steak, wrapped in bacon...
garlic mashed potatoes,
asparagus
and garlic cheese rolls.
(yep, that's a lot of garlic!)
The kids got a delicious serving of
MAC AND CHEESE
and for their dessert.....
popsicles.
Our dessert....
creme bruele!
Brian makes the best creme bruele....
and it's my ABSOLUTE favorite EVER!!!
After dinner, the kids went down stairs with us
and were showing off with their jungle gym acrobatics!
Those kids can JUMP!!!


4 comments:
I was thinking this was such a romantic dinner till I saw the Disney Plate, ha ha ha! You crack me up......I wonder what other Disney treasures one would find in your house?
You really don't want to know!
Your dinner looks so good! The kids seem happy with their popsicles. What better way to end a valentine day than to watch the kids perform! Too cute!
Yummmmm!! I didn't know you had a live in chef with you! Creme brule is one of my favorites, although I've never made it for fear of ruining a good thing. I'm super impressed :)
Post a Comment