Saturday, May 23, 2009

Code Yellow! We have a Code Yellow!



So, do you see this cute little guy? He's adorable right? RIGHT! He's also a little stinker. He has the boy complex that is one of 'don't tell me what to do, as in, don't hold me if I want to get down'. He's cute, and I love him.
So, yesterday, we went to Target on our search for bike trailers. I had already bought one at Toys R Us, but wanted to check Target because they had one on sale. I didn't grab a cart, because I was just going to go and look at the model, type, etc. I called for a service rep because they were all out. Brison was doing good up until that point, then he started to struggle to get
down. So, I put him down and he was just running around the bikes. It was cute. He would leave for a second and then come right back. He decided to get brave and go a little bit further away. The service rep came to me to give me a rain check and that's when it happened.
He was gone!
I started looking down the aisles, and calling his name, loudly. Nothing.
I went to a different department, calling his name, louder. Nothing.
The service rep was helping me look for him also.
A lady in the store said, "I just saw a kid right here a minute ago."
Panic is starting to set in, and I am pushing it away.
Still looking, and yelling, and possibly sweating. Nothing.
I tell another service rep that I can't find my son.
What is he wearing? Crap! What did I dress him in this morning? Would somebody here in Target really kidnap a toddler? Is he gone? Where is he? Why?
They call the Code Yellow over the walkie-talkies.
They give the description.
1 minute later, the service rep that was helping me earlier came, lugging my cute little toddler in her arms...while he is not happy with being held.
I said to him, "Gus, where did you go?" To which he replies...
"I fast!"
LOVELY!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh no! That is the scariest thing in the world... I'm terrified of losing my kids in stores.

Connie said...

He's right! He is fast! It probably won't be the last time you lose a child for a few minutes...which seems like hours.
Glad you both survived this one.

Irene said...

As scary as that is and IS my biggest fear, I can't help but laugh at his response!

Pam said...

Ok, first, sorry about the code yellow incident, definately frightening and so glad things worked out ok. Second.....I am laughing my head off at your new playlist. You might quite possibly be the biggest Disney fan there ever was! I'm waiting for mouse ears to start popping up in your yard or flower gardens! Ha Ha! Love ya!

Camille said...

He's going to make you lotsa money one day with his athletic abilities.
The other thing - ok - I tried your suggestion of using a basic template in order to get fancy with pictures, etc. Um, it didn't work. Help!