
So, for my birthday, Brian surprised me with a little 'romantic' getaway to the Alaskan Inn. He came and picked me up from work and took me to dinner at the Timbermine. During dinner he kept looking at his watch and telling me we were in a hurry to get home because Allison was watching the kids and she had to get home to pack for her vacation. We leave the restaurant and he goes to Smith's. I tell him i'm too full for desert! He just shhh's me. He runs in and then back out and we head back up the canyon. I think he is just avoiding 12th street construction. Oh no, we head up the mountain. In my mind, I am thinking..."what in the crap is he doing?" I think he MIGHT have something for me, perhaps a surprise birthday party?, or a new boat?...not really. We continue to drive up the canyon and he brakes hard left and pulls into the Alaskan Inn. I still am in disbelief at what we are doing. I go into the lodge and he is checking in. The 'desk clerk' reminds him that our appointment for our couples massage is at 8:00! WHAT! A massage too! He even got chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider! The breakfast in the morning was good! The hot chocolate was DIVINE! I had never had actual whipping cream on top...it was SO GOOD! What a pleasant surprise and a lovely way to spend a pre-birthday birthday! Thanks Brian. Good Job!
p.s. yes, that is our cabin in the background.
p.s.s. he got me cough medicine at smith's...because I was still sick from GIRL'S CAMP!

2 comments:
What a nice surpise for you! That Brian is a romantic!
Happy Birthday!
Spoiled girl! What a fun surprise!
Post a Comment